Sunday, November 16, 2008

Darn! Still no luck!

Even though it's finally feeling like November here, Hunter and I attempted a different cache today. It was another Micro, (thumping myself on the head), but I had already put it in our journal and it just seemed so simple....

Now I've learned my lesson. Before I did, Hunter entered a new set of coordinates into Richard and off we went. Before he even said we had arrived I knew we were in the right place. The cache owner warned of a washed out area by the driveway of a racetrack he frequents. This particular one was called Sign O' the Times. Once again Hunter worked out our clue. It said, "It's in the name."

The first thing we saw was a big sign with the name of the race track. Behind it was a weathered split rail fence and further on a tight corner of a dirt race track banded tightly by a long even mound of truck tires. To the right were two mobile homes. The cache owner also noted that the people living nearby, referred to as muggles, knew of the existince of this cache.

I reminded Hunter we were looking for something no bigger than a film canister He took the right, I took the left and then we switched. Together we looked up, behind and on the ground. We also looked in the holes of the split rail fence behind the sign.

After no results we stood back and analized the sign. We asked ourselves, If we were the hiders, where would WE put it? I looked again at the back of the sign, in the area between the flaking, unpainted plywood flipside and the wooden supports. Hunter looked under the rocks by the leg braces. Still nothing.

I didn't take any pictures this time. I admit I was disappointed we didn't find it, but I said for my and Hunter's benifit, This is only our second one on our second day. Don't give up!

Hopefully before next weekend I will have heard from the two cache creators we can't check off in our journal. I'm also going to send out inquiring emails to find out which caches are possible to find once the snow sticks to the ground.

Have a great week!

No comments: